Sunday is Valentines Day. And regardless, we all need a healthy dose of pampering and TLC now and then to make us feel beautiful. Sometimes it can be a quick fix and other times it is utter indulgence that has long lasting effects. But don’t wait for somebody else to take care of you – take matters into your own hands and indulge yourself. Try any or all of these suggestions:
1. What’s more indulgent than a warm, aromatic bubble bath? Fill the tub with a moisturizing, scented bubble bath, light some candles, put on your favorite music and relax. And remember to breathe.
2. Treat yourself once a month to your most indulgent dessert and make sure you enjoy every morsel. Life is too short not to have dessert in it.
3. The ultimate pamper (for me at least) is giving your body the gift of touch. Schedule a massage routinely to relive stress, release ‘feel good’ hormones and to pamper yourself. Again it’s all about feeling good and every way counts.
4. Do that thing you always say you’d do, ‘if only’. Just do it! Next week I’m going to join some local ladies and have fun learning how to belly dance. I think it’s so cool! Maybe for you it’s taking a swim class, doing yoga, learning how to speak another language. The point is to make the time to commit to doing the things that thrill your heart.
5. Bling is the thing! Treat yourself to a luxury item that makes you look and feel fabulous. And luxury does not have to mean expensive. Every person should invest in a signature watch at a certain point in their life. It’s a status symbol but one that’s not so much about flaunting it but about acknowledging your good taste. A signature handbag is another must. Or it can be something small like a tinydrop earring that makes you feel so pretty. Go ahead – you deserve it!
6. Pamper yourself with a hair masque that not only feels wonderful, it will enrich and nourish your hair as well. Shampoo your hair and then add bucket loads of the hair masque that’s best suited to your hair type. I usually suggest a plastic shower cap or you can wrap your hair in a towel if you prefer. The heat helps the masque soak right through to the inner hair shaft. After the required time, rinse and condition as usual.
7. Block at least an hour out of your diary and go buy all the latest style and fashion magazines. Then get comfortable in your fav sofa chair and indulge in some fantasy!
TheImageDiva, Elan Image Management